What is vegan diet?
Seemingly that everybody knows the answer of this question, however, when starting to explore and carry out a vegan diet people will find out differences of vegan diet in different methods and views. I will list some of them which are popular in the world as bellow:
Typical methods: (https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/vegan-diet-guide#section2)
Whole-food vegan diet: A diet based on a wide variety of whole plant foods such as fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, nuts and seeds.
Raw-food vegan diet: A vegan diet based on raw fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds or plant foods cooked at temperatures below 118°F (48°C) (1).
80/10/10: A raw-food vegan diet that limits fat-rich plants such as nuts and avocados and relies mainly on raw fruits and soft greens instead. Also referred to as the low-fat, raw-food vegan diet or fruitarian diet.
The Starch Solution: A low-fat, high-carb vegan diet similar to the 80/10/10 but that focuses on cooked starches like potatoes, rice and corn instead of fruit.
Raw till 4: A low-fat vegan diet inspired by the 80/10/10 and Starch Solution. Raw foods are consumed until 4 p.m., with the option of a cooked plant-based meal for dinner.
Junk-food vegan diet: A vegan diet lacking in whole plant foods that relies heavily on mock meats and cheeses, fries, vegan desserts and other heavily processed vegan foods.
Different opinion about vegan diet:
– Vegan is a diet that do not use any food which contain living element, therefore, eggs which have not tread, milk, and honey are still vegan food. This point of view based on a theory that eggs without treading are have no living element inside, milk is the product without living element which everyone have to use in babyhood, and honey is alike.
– Vegan is an eating diet without any food with animal base but vegetable base. Therefore never eat anything relates to animals.
My opinion and vegan diet: vegan is a diet eating food not involve to animal but vegetable. According to all of documents about vegan, I found people say that: vegan is never use any food originate from animal.
Different ways of vegan: (according kiến thức site)
– Permanent vegan: applying for everyday, every meal, till death.
– Period vegan: apply for specific days, months. There are some vegan periods as state bellow, choices are depend on each person.
+ Twice eating (nhị trai): 2 days/month, in the 1st and 15th of lunar calendar.
+ 4 times eating (tứ trai): 4 days/month, in the 30th, 1st, 14th, 15th of lunar calendar.
+ 6 times eating (lục trai): 6 days/month, in the 8, 14, 15, 23, 29, 30 (28, 29 for short month).
+ 10 times eating (thập trai): 10 days/month: 1, 8, 14, 15, 18, 23, 24, 28, 29 and 30.
– First out eating (nhất ngoại trai): apply vegan diet for a month
+ 3 months: January, July, October
+ 4 months: January, April, July, October
Right, popular, and reliable food for vegan
Vegan should avoid what kind of food and what are good that provide enough nutrition, safe for health…